Data protection policy and online code of conduct
Data handling and protection policy
To apply for and register as a member of the INUS, it is necessary to provide current and valid contact details via the INUS webpage to enable the INUS office to make contact with its members and to communicate relevant information. INUS members have the ability to search for other INUS members within the member area on the INUS webpage and to make contact with other members through a contact form.
Sending a contact form will reveal the email address of the sender to the addressee. Once a blog or comment is posted on the forum, the authors full name, place, and country as given in the member profile are visible to the public. Members can in addition access further details of other members if provided, e.g. photo, professional specialization, scientific interests. Full mail addresses are not accessible. Email addresses are only accessible by making contact to another member using the contact form.
All data will be stored and accessed by the INUS using electronic data processing. Personal information will be stored confidentially and once saved will be appropriately secured against access by unauthorised persons. The partner declares that they are aware of the risks involved in using electronic data processing with regard to possible, limited access by third parties ("hacking"), and expressly agrees to the electronic data processing and the use of e-mail communication.
Use of webpage forum and email system
The forum on the webpage and the membership area which enables to get in contact with other INUS members preferentially by email is meant to provide a platform for knowledge transfer and interactive scientific or clinical discussions. Hence, the following general rules should be applied:
- Be polite and keep in mind there will always be differences of opinion. Try to remain objective and to not personalise issues.
- Avoid derogatory remarks about fellow forum participants
- Avoid posting extremely long forum posts on a regular basis
- Read all of the posts in the thread before posting on the internet forum
- Stay on topic
Please do not:
- Send mass-emails or spam-emails to INUS members
- Use the INUS communication systems to set up personal businesses or send chain letters
- Forward confidential INUS messages to external parties or locations
- Distribute, disseminate or store images, text or materials that might be considered discriminatory, offensive or abusive, in that the context is a personal attack, sexist or racist, or might be considered as harassment
- Distribute, disseminate or store images, text or materials that might be considered indecent, pornographic, obscene or illegal
- Access copyrighted information in a way that violates the copyright
- Broadcast unsolicited personal views on social, political, religious or other nonbusiness related matters
- Transmit unsolicited commercial or advertising material
- Undertake deliberate activities that waste staff or INUS officials’ effort or networked resources
- Break into the company's or another organisation's system or unauthorised use of a password/mailbox
- Introduce any form of computer virus or malware into the corporate network Failure to adhere to such rules might lead to disqualification as member of the INUS.